The Pub game starter kit in the flesh! / Thanks to our host the Imperial!

The Imperial has been a great host for us and have just started  a game shelf so as a thank you we’ve put together a selection of games from our recommended list to get them started! The kit… Read More

Our logo the origin story. (Happy Birthday to us)

Today is the first anniversary of the first HB branded meeting, so we are sort of one year old today, despite having run 2 Charity game days and having an online presence via Facebook for 2 years. On… Read More

Happy Birthday Hereford Board Gamers!!

It’s nearly our first official birthday as Herefordshire Board Gamers.  We’ve existed for two years on Facebook and  we have run three, annual charity days. It’s been an amazing year. We’ve met over 16 times officially with several… Read More

Next steps from Monopoly and classic games

If you haven’t played any new board games for a while and not sure where to begin, look no further. We’ve listed similar games to all of the major classics. We’ve tried to list games which are available… Read More

Top pub games part 2

Whilst researching I had loads of good advice and recommendations. Picking the top 10 was a real challenge. Here is a list of the contenders! Social / large group games Resistance, Coup, Dixit, Wits and Wagers, In a bind,… Read More

Top pub / cafe games (Or the Pub game shelf starter kit)

Pubs and cafes are a great place to play games and over the coming months I plan to list the best pubs in the area to rock up, play games. Having a game shelf in a pub is… Read More

Board games, depression and me. Another voice.

Good friend of Herefordshire Board Gamers and founder of the Great Indoors and Bromsgrove Board Gamers, Peter Hazlewood has kindly offered to tell his story as well. I have suffered with depression for a number of years now;… Read More

Board games, depression and me

Hello. My name is Mike and I am a board game addict. As a child of the late ‘80s games have been a part of my life. From computer to board, card, even pen and paper RPGs, games… Read More

10 Reasons why you most definitely should join on May 6th

1.You like fun (we’re fun!). 2.You want to support Herefordshire Mind (damn right!). 3.You have nothing better to do on 6th May (ah go on….). 4.You have something worse to do on 6th May but can use… Read More