Why? Because games are fun!
There are lots more reasons of course:
- Getting away from screens
- Spending time with family and friends
- A good social with lots of laughs
- Cheaper than a night out
- A good way to socialise without having to make awkward small talk
- A chance to think or to challenge yourself
- Inclusive community which meet both online and in person
- An opportunity to learn and experience new things
- A chance to take risks and do something new in a safe space. If you are naturally cautious why not try playing a game aggressively for a change?
Be warned gaming, can be addictive!