Free family game night, virtual or otherwise
How to run a free family game nights virtual or otherwise. This will work over the internet, in the same room or even if one person wants or needs to be in a different part of the house or a combination of all
Each player needs a device phone, laptops or PC.
A shared screen everyone can see, gather round a big TV or stream over a free service like Discord
(or both have some people at home and some online. )
Total cost Zero (hopefully)
1) Download / Open Steam (Free) and get Drawful 2 for free.
(Other Jackbox games are available and they work across a huge range of platforms including Firestick and Switch)
2) Start Drawful, you will see a four digit room code.
3) Share your screen, either everyone looks at the TV or you can use a free chat service like discord where you go live or Skype, zoom.
4) Everyone navigates to jackbox.tv on a browser on their device and enters the four digit code.
5) Set ground rules, Is this family friend or are drawings of willies allowed and if any topics are too sensitive.
6) Play and have fun.
Now you have a system set up investigate other Jackbox games or games you can run by sharing your screen or using a web camera.
Skibbl.io is also free, it’s a real time hangman style game, you don’t need a shared screen so it easier to play, you can still also combine it with a voice chat for added social https://skribbl.io/
A more detailed guide is here http://herefordshireboardgamers.co.uk/online-gaming/